[barcode] preview of barcode 0.97

Boszormenyi Zoltan zboszor@mail.externet.hu
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 12:01:13 +0200

Hi!

Alessandro Rubini wrote:

>	- patch by Andrea Scopece  <a.scopece@vizzavi.it> for PCL output

Finally I was able to put my hand on a "HP compatible" printer.
It is an Olivetti JP 192. As I remember from its handbook, it speeks the
PCL3
language. I set it up from the RedHat 6.2 control-panel/printtool as a
- HP LaserJet
- HP LaserJet III* with Delta Row Compression
- HP LaserJet III with duplex capability,
and it prints texts, graphics, everything correctly through ghostscript.
Only the HP LaserJet IId/IIp/III* with TIFF compression did not work.

But neither with BARCODE_OUT_PCL nor with BARCODE_OUT_PCL_III
I get the bars, only the numbers. I used

barcode -P -b "1234567890128" -o x.pcl
cat x.pcl >/dev/lp0    (this is for bypassing ghostscript)

and replacing
    flags |= BARCODE_OUT_PCL;
with
    flags |= BARCODE_OUT_PCL_III;
in main.c of barcode after recompile, I did the same.

In both cases I got only the numbers.

Maybe the PCL writer forgot setting the initial point of the line?
A postscript interpreter would warn this case and not draw the line...
Anyway, I am just guessing, I am not familiar with hand-writing PCL.
And for me, it is not a big problem, I use barcode for producing EPS output.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi