[barcode] announce: barcode reader 0.0.1

Tuukka Toivonen tuukkat@ees2.oulu.fi
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:41:55 +0300 (EEST)

I just finished the very first and rough version of my
barcode recognizer. For the 3 test images I tried, it works.
I guess it works pretty well when the scan is clean and
without any extra characters. This is quite surprising
considering how stupid the algorithm is...

Only code128 supported (of which charset C is best supported).

http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~tuukkat/tmp/decode/

You can call this version 0.0.1 :)

There's also a Matlab prototype included. It's only 3 times smaller
than the C version, but the C version was much more tedious to write.
I don't wonder if many people like prototyping in Matlab or similar
language. Dynamic memory allocation in C is quite horrible...

Does anyone have any nice test images? For what kind of bad
images I should test, scratched, noisy, low-resolution, other?
A test image collection would be nice to have...
(so that I could test that eg. program A recognizes 50%
of the test images and program B only 30% etc..)