[barcode] Compile problem on Linux Mandrake 8.1

Alessandro Rubini rubini@gnu.org
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 16:55:07 +0100

> Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 11:12:22 -0700

Ok, 'twas old. but I didn't mark this issue as completely resolved, yet,
because of a possible bug in configure.in

> [...]
> checking for paper.h... (cached) yes
> [...]
> main.c:32:19: paper.h: No such file or directory

The problem here is in libpaper being assumed present, because of a
cache file.

I don't know how it fell there (as there is no config.cache in the
distribution for 0.97 nor 0.96, I just checked). Fortunately, no bug
here, AFAICT.

As Tuukka Toivonen suggested, removing config.cache (or "make
distclean") and recompiling is the right cure.

BTW: just added the spec file for building rpm's, contributed by
Boszormenyi Zoltan. Will be in the next release, due out later today.

/alessandro