[barcode] Other fonts / list archive

Alessandro Rubini rubini@gnu.org
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 22:48:45 +0100

Hello.

> Is there somewhere an archive of this list?

> I want to change the font in barcode. It is quite easy to
> do at compiletime, but will there eventually be a commandline
> option?

There is no support to change font, currently. Unfortunately, I don't
see how to do that cleanly.  The font being used is a "backend" issue,
as it's conversion to postscript (or pcl) that chooses the font.

Passing backend-specific options is not currently possible, and any
suggestion about how to do that is welcome.

Something I'd like to do is having a set of global configuration
parameters, and the first one must be the ink-spreading factor;
This need has been outlined and explained by Ulrich Windl. Probably
font choosing can be implemented in the same way.

What I think about is having a global parameter-set and function to
get/set specific parameters. This should be generic enough to allow
for both string and numeric stuff -- probably recycling the cmdline.c
approach would work pretty well, I've to think about it.

Any comment is welcome

/alessandro, who know he ought to work on barcode, but really can't by now
--
Alessandro Rubini, free software developer.
Device drivers, embedded systems, courses.