[barcode] barcode on PCL printer

Alessandro Rubini - FSFE rubini@fsfeurope.org
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:06:47 +0200

> Next week I will have available a POSTCRIPT/PCL printer, so I'll
> double check both output (PCL & PS).

Actually, you don't need a ps printer to check ps. I don't have "real"
postscript printers, I just filter all my lpr input through gs (this
is made automagically by the print system).

I think the reported problem comes from PCL using integer values whereas
postscript has floating point.

Probably, instead of changing the scale factor, the right thing to do
is approximate the float number when printing.  Where pcl.c prints a

On the other hand, fixing the scale factor at the beginning ensures
things are better scaled internally, while changing the overall size
WRT the chosen one.  Could you please comment on the actual rounding
of scalef? It's always multiplied by 10? [it looks so by browsing the code,
but I'd like to get a confirm].

Oh, btw, where can I find a PCL reference to better understand stuff?

>> Roland Krebs
> Andrea Scopece

Thanks both.

/alessandro