[barcode] Barcode Reader

Alessandro Rubini rubini@gnu.org
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 19:04:19 +0100

Hello.

> 	Anyone have heard some interesting news about the SPS 3000
> 	barcode reader under linux?

I have no experience with that device, and it looks like noone else
in this list has.

But no news is good news, I suppose.  Most readers just spit ascii stuff
to either the serial port or the keyboard port, so there should
be no problem at all under any operating systems.

However, I tend to be suspicious, as too many vendors tend to want to
sell their «wonderful and completely free» software package, so the
device _might_ avoid to speak an understandable protocol.  I doubt
this happens with barcode scanners, though.

/alessandro