[barcode] Barcode and M1500

devnull@adc.idt.com devnull@adc.idt.com
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 21:39:07 -0500 (EST)

Dear All,

Let me start of by thanking the developers for writing a wonderful program
that has helped us a lot!

Our backup tapes look much more organised and we are able to label them
accoring them the month of the year, which has helped a lot.
The barcode reader is on a Breece-Hill Q8 tape library and follows
"Code 39"

We just bought a new library called the M1500 from quantum and the barcode
reader uses Code 39 too.

The barcode manufacturer(and label) is LOWRY(i havent heard of them)

The M1500 has specific requirements to which the backup labels need to
adhere too and it includes splitting the barcode labels horizontally into
3 regions of specific sizes and the barcode need to be in a specific
region like this. The horizontal and vertical dimension for each section
is specified.

 ____________________________
 |                          |
 |      LABEL NAME          |
 |--------------------------|
 |     BARCODE GOES HERE    |
 |     Blank Space          |

I dont see a way to split the label like this using barcode.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks and all have a great year ahead.

Thanks.

/dev/null

devnull@adc.idt.com