[barcode] Install problem

Alessandro Rubini rubini@gnu.org
Mon, 27 Jan 2003 21:51:02 +0100

Hello.

> I amtrying to install barcode on a Solaris 8 machine.  Here is what I
> get after a configure and a make:

Well, actually there's nothing wrong with compiling the binary. The
extra warnings are something I don't get with my gcc, hope I'll remember
to fix them before the next release.

The other problem is about documentation, and it's strange since I checked
my script with all awk I have here, including the "original-awk" package
of Debian. This is as a ChangeLog entry for 2000, before releasing
0.96.

2000-10-10  Alessandro Rubini  <rubini@morgana.systemy.it>

        * doc/manpager: use gsub instead of gensub, even though it may
                leas to problems with some input. This achieves compatibility
                with the original awk, so gawk is not needed any more

["leas" should be "lead" :)]

Actually, I still have no problem with my current version and original-awk.
It looks like your awk has no "gsub" statement, this is very strange indeed.
Even my testdrive account on hpux has a compliant awk (well, there are
other problems there, actually).

Anyways, the program compiled fine, you only miss the man pages here.

Hope this helps (but any detail on your awk is welcome).

/alessandro