[barcode] Problem with 128-A

Alessandro Rubini rubini@ar.linux.it
Sun Oct 5 10:46:32 CEST 2003

Hi.

> However I can't seem to match one of the formats, namely
> 128-A. [...]  Reading the code128.c code it seems it tries to figure
> out which format to use based on the content. Is there some trick to
> force it to use 128-A?

Yes. You can use "128raw" and spell each number (see the docs)
contributed by Leonid A. Broukhis.

Sure it would be must easier to have a specific "128-a" encoding, but
up to now nobody needed that. If you want to contribute a patch to add
such support I've no problems in integrating it. Otherwise, I'm sure
someone on this list can do that, either for fun or for a fee.

What to do here mainly depends on how pressing your needs are. If you
are just verifying that GNU barcode generates correct output (as that's
one of the possible interpretations of your post) you can just ignore
the issue. BTW, I think no barcode reader nor other applications that
support 128-A will complain for 128-B or 128-C data.

Hope this helps
/alessandro