[barcode] LGPL Licensing

Patrick Hurley patrick@hurleyhome.com
Thu Sep 25 18:13:29 CEST 2003

I am interested in adding Barcode support to wxWindows
(http://wxWindows.org/) which is an open source
(http://wxwindows.org/newlicen.htm) cross platform C++ application
library. Among other things it has a cross platform GDI object, which
can be used to generate bitmaps or send output to a printer.

I would like to use the barcode library as a source (if not as a linked
implementation), but wxWindows is effectively LGPL, so it would be wrong
to use it in this manner. To this end I am wondering if the authors of
GNU barcode would consider re-releasing under the LGPL.

Thank you for consideration of this matter,
Patrick Hurley