[barcode] Circular barcode

Alessandro Rubini rubini@ar.linux.it
Sun Apr 4 11:00:57 CEST 2004

> there is a way to print barcodes in a circle, a la
> google.com "circular barcode" "I'm feeling lucky"
> Quite useful for backup CDs and such.

Not in GNU barcode. Actually, I can't think of a good way to do that
in the current setup, short of adding a new backend (one with parameters).

> Is there any Postscript guru who can add that functionality
> to GNU barcode?

That would be fun, but the available time tends to zero. Besides,
are there any specs about circular codes? I don't think it's as
simple as "any linear barcode but bended in a circle". And what
are you using for reading it back? Or is it just a "nice to show around"
feature?

/alessandro