[barcode] EAN128 FNC1 generation in GNU barcode program

Håkan Boye hakan.boye@atosorigin.com
Thu Aug 26 17:24:01 CEST 2004

In the barcode program  , I try to generate FNC1
The barcode docs state
"--the F1-F4 characters are represented by the values 193-196 (0xc1-0xc4,
0301-0304). "

I use  echo in a string to produce the character:

echo "97xxx\0301941234567890"> xx

barcode -i xx -o xx.ps -e128 -p210x297mm -umm -t2x9+5+5-5-10 -m6,6 -c

The resulting barcode is readable in a Datalogic  handheld barcode
scanner.
But it seems that the FNC1 character is not in place .
When I compare to other barcodes produced by other software, I always get
an unprintable FNC1-char before the second AI,  (94 in the example above)
.
The barcode generated with GNU barcode program, does not  show this
character
when I read it with the scanner.

Can someone please point me in the right direction ?