[barcode] Output from cmdline without margin

Franz Zahaurek fzk@member.fsf.org
Fri Jun 11 18:34:47 CEST 2004

Hi Martin Schröder,

Martin Schröder <ms@artcom-gmbh.de> writes:

> "Note that an additional white margin of 10 points is added to
> the printout."
>
> Is it possible to coax the cmdline app to not add that margin?
> I'm generating _one_ barcode as eps and have played with -g but
> always get a margin.

To get rid of the 10 point margin you can do one of the following:
(barcode-0.98)

1) You can change the statement "#define BARCODE_DEFAULT_MARGIN 10" in
   barcode.h to be 0 and then recompile the package.  But I think a scanner
   needs some white space around the barcode in horizontal direction to
   recognize the code.

2) You can change the %%BoundingBox: comment in the resulting eps-file.
   Add 10 to the first and second value, subtract 10 from the third and fourth.

Is this what you need?

- Franz
--
Franz Zahaurek                          fzk@member.fsf.org