[barcode] Asterisks and parenthesis

Carlo Corridore carlo@alenianola.finmeccanica.it
Fri Oct 1 10:46:43 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I'm trying to use barcode program (snapshot 040405) from an IBM Aix box
to print some useful data on a paper.

The problem is that i have to print a set digits and asterisks.

I tryied with tha encoding 39,128b,128 and 93 that seems to accept the asterisks chars.

The command i used is this :  barcode -ean {39,128b,128,93) -i file_input -o file_output

When i try to read the barcode with an optic pen emulating the keyboard,
the result is that the asterisk ( x2A) become Opening parenthesis (x28).

For example the string "00380378******00" become "00380378((((((00".

I don't know where is the problem.

Any help should be appeciated.

Thanks.

--
                      \\|//
                      (o o)

 Alenia Aeronautica
 Via Boscofangone Zona Industriale A.S.I.
 80035 Polvica di Nola (NA) ITALY
 Tel ++39-81-315-4103
 Fax ++39-81-315-4044
 mailto: carlo at alenianola dot finmeccanica dot it