[barcode] some code for new way of table generation

Maximilian HEISE max.heise@gmx.net
Fri Jun 3 04:11:00 CEST 2005

Hello,

i had the problem that i'm generating a table of 3x8 barcodes on a A4
page from a perl program calling barcode.
The problem is that when using prefabricated stickers the current code
considers margins ( which are necessary because printer have hardware
margins ) and then creates all barcodes in the table in an equal size.
This however posses a problem when the space is so tight like in my
example, eventually the printed barcode labels will begin overlapping to
other stickers.

Especially the hardware margin of 12mm at the bottom of my printer is
really a pain, because at 8 rows each barcode is just ~37mm high and
surely the hw margin of the printer either eats the text under the
barcode, or part of the barcode will be printed on the label above.

The attached code addresses this problem, all barcodes will be exactly
on their label in the table and will shrink accordingly to accomodate to
the margins imposed.

I know the code has not ultimate beauty, but hey it works for me and
maybe somebody else can used and/or improve it.
And if i'll not send it now, i might never do it ;)
As derived work it's of course GPL, have fun with it, but no garanties ;)

Feel free to ask if there are any questions regarding this code.

Regards
Max

--
Maximilian HEISE