[barcode] removing margins

Justin Gombos mindfuq@fairfieldi.com
Fri Mar 25 05:55:00 CET 2005

Is there a way to remove that 10pt margin that's inherent in
encapsulated postscript barcodes?  I have tried the following with no
success:

  barcode -e upc-a -b 07751198049 -u mm -g 30x10 -E -o uncropped.eps

  barcode -e upc-a -b 07751198049 -u mm -g 30x10+0+0 -E -o still_cropped.eps

  barcode -e upc-a -b 07751198049 -u mm -g 30x10-10-10 -E -o also_uncropped.eps

If the white margin is a mandatory product of GNU Barcode, I'm also
open to other tools, like using ImageMagick to autocrop; but I've
found that ImageMagick cannot handle these vector graphics too well.

Ultimately I'm using LaTeX to layout the EPS images, so if anyone
knows of a latex macro package that builds UPC version A codes I'm
eager to get my hands on it, because it probably doesn't impose a
margin.