[barcode] page size

Richard Nolde nrichard8@qwest.net
Tue Apr 17 15:48:09 CEST 2007

Leos,
   I have written an extended version of the GNU barcode utility that
has the ability to set many new features but it has not been accepted by
the maintainers. If you would like a copy, let me know.
Some of the new features include paper size definitions for users that
do not have libpaper installed, exact positioning for barcodes and table
rows and columns, proportional fonts properly kerned for selected
formats of barcodes that do not have interruptions in the text, fixed
height barcodes, printer resolution modulus compensation factor,
specifying the offset from the top of the page or the bottom of the page
for Postscript and PCL output, PJL support for newer HP printers, and a
page creep adjustment to use in cases where the barcodes creep up the
page on a set of labels even though the calculated positions are correct
(probably due to roller wear or paper slipage).
The original functionality is still there for those that do not wish to
use the new options.

Richard Nolde