[barcode] Git

Alessandro Rubini rubini@linux.it
Wed Aug 5 13:11:49 CEST 2009

> Just out of personal curiosity (no religion war intended at all), how
> did you come to choose git?

I had to study to contribute to u-boot and kernel, and I liked it
quite a lot, even if it took non-trivial resources to enter the right
way of thinking.

I know other tools have more or less the same features, but quite
a number of projects switched to git, so I can't be _that_ wrong in
the choice.

In any case, patches can be submitted with whatever tool, as long
as the "patch" command is able to apply it.

> PS I am finally going to get the PNG patch in a decent state.

That's great, thanks. I was going to ask for an update on your state,
actually.

> Is a diff
> against 0.98 still OK or should I diff against a snapshot instead?

I think 0.98 is fine, I can deal with possible rejects. If you use git,
instead, I'll make available my tree sooner so you can base on that.

/alessandro