[barcode] barcode installation issues on solaris 10

David Smith David.C.Smith@ed.ac.uk
Thu Jan 29 15:02:40 CET 2009

Hi,
   I am wondering if anyone can throw a few suggestions my way into why
I may be experiencing the following issue installing barcode-0.98 on
Solaris 10?

I am running Solaris 10 Sparc Generic_138888-03 Sun-Blade-1500
I have downloaded and pkgadd (ed) the following packages with reference
to the dependencies for gd-2.0.35:

xpm
freetype
fontconfig
libintl
libpng
zlib
expat
jpeg-6b

All of the above dependencies as well as the actual application has been
installed successfully.

$PATH is set to
/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/openwin/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ccs/bin

crle is configured to contain:
/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib:/lib

I do the following:
# gunzip < barcod.....tar.gz | tar xvf -
# cd barcode....
# ./configure

I get the following error:

# ./configure
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E
checking for getopt.h... (cached) yes
checking for paper.h... (cached) no
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for strerror... (cached) yes
checking for strcasecmp... (cached) yes
checking for gmake... yes
checking if makeinfo can output html... ./configure: makeinfo: not found no
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
Can't open confdefs.h
creating ./config.status
creating doc/Makefile

--
Thanks
David C Smith

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.