[bglug] Nast 0.1.7d released
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:57:06 +0200
Please download this version which includes many bug fixes in configure!
Changelog sice Nast 0.1.7
++ Nast has been included in FreeBSD ports
+ Ported to FreeBSD 4.x (tested on 4.6 and 4.7)
!! Fixed some importants bugs in configure.ac
Nast is a packet sniffer and a LAN analyzer based on Libnet and Libpcap.
It can sniff in normal mode or in promiscuos mode the packets on a network
interface and log it. It dumps the headers of packets and the payload in
ascii or ascii-hex format. You can apply a filter. The sniffed data can be
saved in a separated file.
As analyzer tool, it has many features like:
* Build LAN hosts list
* Follow a TCP-DATA stream
* Find LAN internet gateways
* Discorver promiscous nodes
* Reset an established connection
* Perform a single half-open portscanner
* Perform a multi half-open portscanner
* Find link type (hub or switch)
* Catch daemon banner of LAN nodes
* Control arp answers to discover possible arp-spoofings
* Byte couting with an optional filter
* Write reports logging
It also provides a ncurses menu.
Homepage is http://nast.berlios.de
Subsribe to newsletter!
MD5 (nast-0.1.7d.tar.gz) = b3afcd1565f997d683933a8dcb08f334