[bglug] [OT] Domini .net (e anche .com)

Diego Tironi xiang@tiscalinet.it
Ven 16 Gen 2004 21:19:16 CET

./SuperbepS wrote:
> A questo punto mi chiedo... ma il dominio e' finito per un anno in un
> limbo senza senso che mi obliga a riregistrarlo con register e poi a
> trasferirlo??? Posso sapere chi ha aggiornato il dato nel whois di
> internic il 7 gennaio??? Posso rompere le scatole a qualcuno???
> Insomma chiedo un opinione di qualcuno che conosca un po' di questa
> burocrazia (xiang?:-)!

da http://www.icann.org/faq/#transfer:

My registrar won't let me transfer my domain, what do I do?
If you're having trouble transferring your domain from one registrar to
another,

 you should contact the registrar you want to transfer to for
assistance.

If your preferred registrar is having any trouble processing your
transfer,

your registrar can obtain assistance from ICANN or the registry operator
as appropriate.

Registrars are not permitted to deny transfer requests arbitrarily.

ICANN has no policy which requires or permits registrars to deny
outgoing

transfer requests solely because the registration is within X number of
days before

(or after) expiration. In any case where a "losing" registrar does deny
a transfer request,

it is required to provide the "gaining" registrar with a notice of the
denial and a specific

reason for the denial.

Inoltre all'indirizzo:
http://www.icann.org/tlds/agreements/verisign/registry-agmt-appf-com-16apr01.htm

si legge:

Instances when the requested change of sponsoring Registrar may be
denied include, but are not limited to:

  1) Situations described in the Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy

  2) A pending bankruptcy of the Registered Name holder

  3) Dispute over the identity of the Registered Name holder

  4) Request to transfer sponsorship occurs within the first 60 days
after the initial registration with the Registrar

In all cases, the losing Registrar shall respond to the e-mail notice
regarding the "transfer" request within five (5) days. Failure to
respond will result in a default "approval" of the "transfer."

Le regole scritte sono molto chiare, il mondo reale e' un'altra
storia...

Se non sbaglio mi e' sembrato di leggere in mailing list che qualcuno

iscritto in lista lavora @register.it. Sarebbe bello sapere cosa ne

pensa della questione.

Ciao :-)

--