[Tech] NETATALK: Blank space in directories names sometimes make them invisible to MAC clients.

carlo.orecchia@ritram.it carlo.orecchia@ritram.it
Mar 22 Ago 2000 15:33:43 CEST

Hello.

I'm using Netatalk on a Linux redhat 6.1 server.  With various MAC OS
releases we have this problem:

If the directory name is made of separate words (like: "this particular
folder") sometimes, I remark NOT every time, it's not possible for the
clients to see them listed on the server.

The strangest thing is that if I copy from a client to the server a number
of directories like this:

"this particular first folder"
"this particular second folder"
"this particular third folder"
"this particular fourth folder"
"this particular fifth folder"

I can find on the server each one of the five directories but from the
client I could see only: