[Tech] [Robert Kingamkono <rkingamkono@excite.com>] Re: Linux Installation

Christopher R. Gabriel cgabriel@softwarelibero.org
Lun 6 Nov 2000 05:41:23 CET

Qualcuno e' pratico di SuSE? Se rispondete, please mettete Robert in
Cc: che non e' iscritto alla lista.

Ciao, grazie.

--
Christopher R. Gabriel

http://www.linux.it/~cgabriel/

Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 02:33:15 -0800 (PST)
From: Robert Kingamkono <rkingamkono@excite.com>
To: "Christopher R. Gabriel" <cgabriel@softwarelibero.org>
Subject: Re: Linux Installation

Dear Christopher, I hope you are doing fine.

I can say I am having probably a minor problem when installing linux. I am
managing all the way up to configuring the mouse and it works. There after,
YaST terminates and I log in. Then the system starts initializing by
"Entering level: 2", and then it proceeds to configuring serial ports:

  ttyS0 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
  ttyS1 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A       done

After these messages the system stalls (stops and nothing happens)! If I
boot linux (switching off and on again), the system initialises with a lot
of messages and it comes to these messages befores stalling again:

   Freeing unused kernel memory: 64k freed
   INIT: version 2.76 booting:

Then nothing!! Further there are messages that XFree86 not configured yet,
no graghical login! Do you have an idea on how I can proceed to configure
Xfree86?

Once again thank you very much and my apologies for disturbing you.

Ciao,
Robert

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html