[Flug] IBM developerWorks [Java Tutorials; Linux Coding - 01/11/2001]

carlo.orecchia@ritram.it carlo.orecchia@ritram.it
Ven 12 Gen 2001 11:39:08 CET

----- Forwarded by Carlo Orecchia/ritram/IT on 12/01/01 10.40 -----

IBM developerWorks <developerWorks@boing.topica.com>
11/01/01 21.36
Please respond to developerWorks

        To:     developerWorks-HTML@topica.com
        cc:
        Subject:        IBM developerWorks [Java Tutorials; Linux Coding - 01/11/2001]

IBM Home

Products

Consulting

Industries

News

About IBM

:: January 11, 2001 :: Vol 2, Issue 2 ::
Are you free for lunch? We hope so, because we're serving up two free
tutorials, each of which you can easily devour during your lunch hour.
But don't fill up on tutorials alone, because the other entrees are just
as enticing. Our special dishes for this week include features on tracing
Java apps, writing awk scripts, building portals, and streamlining
software projects.
Remember to e-mail this note to your buddies, if you've enjoyed our fare.
We'll both thank you!
The IBM developerWorks Team
p.s. Instructions on subscribing or unsubscribing from this newsletter are
at the bottom.

Search Advanced Help

TABLE OF CONTENTS

TUTORIALS OF THE WEEK: Applets and Trees
LINUX ZONE: Awk and Python
XML ZONE: XSLT Tips
ALPHAWORKS: Downloads
JAVA ZONE: Tracing Java Apps
SPECIAL TOPICS: Web Services, Security, and Unicode
COMPONENTS ZONE: Design and Planning
ABOUT THIS NEWSLETTER: Subscription Info and Legalese

TUTORIALS OF THE WEEK

Creating Applets with VisualAge for Java
New to VisualAge for Java, or trying to evaluate how this product can help
your Java development? This free dW tutorial teaches you the basics of
using VisualAge for Java, including using the IDE to develop and test a
simple applet.

Building a Customized Tree View
Learning how to implement hierarchy browsing using the Java Swing tree
view component can be tricky. Our free tutorial will demonstrate -- with
code samples -- how to creatively use the tree view component, including
building custom renderers and models. The tutorial also illustrates some
innovative UI features.

LINUX ZONE

Common Threads: Awk by Example, Part 2
Daniel Robbins' series continues to explore awk and equips you to write
your own powerful awk scripts.

Charming Python: TK Programming in Python
Meet two user-friendly tools for GUI programming.

XML ZONE

Improve Your XSLT Coding Five Ways
Benoît Marchal offers five tips to improve your XSLT coding. The tips
cover topics such as using CSS with XSL style sheets (including HTML
entities), incorporating client-side JavaScript, and working with multiple
input documents.

ALPHAWORKS

Seen Our Latest Downloads?