[Flug] software freedom day 06

Daniele Masini d.masini@tiscali.it
Gio 20 Lug 2006 17:20:58 CEST

leandro noferini wrote:

>>> La  cosa potrebbe  anche  essere interessante  solo  che sarebbe  d'uopo
>>> capire quali  sono i "rapporti" con il  LinuxDay che sarebbe da  lì a un
>>> mese e farne 2 mi sembra decisamente troppo.
>>>
>>> Qualcuno ha il polso della situazione?
>> Non ho idea di che rapporti ci siano tra il SFD ed il LD. Però visto
>> che FSF è uno degli sponsor del SFD si potrebbe sentire FSFE
>> (Maffulli). Che ne dite?
>
> Approvazione incondizionata!

Giro la comunicazione avvenuta con softwarefreedomday.org

On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 12:06 +0200, Daniele Masini wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I am an Italian GNU/Linux User and a member of the FLUG (Florence
>> Linux User Group). So I am interested about the Software Freedom Day.
>> I wish to know something about such event:
>> - Who does promote it by?

This year we are receiving sponsorship from a few organisations
whose logos are on our home page:
   http://softwarefreedomday.org/

>> - Is it another Linux Day?

No, it is about informing the public about what proprietary and free
software are and informing people about the issues.

>> - What are relationships between it and the Linux Day (promoted
by ILS)?

There is no relationship as far as I know (I assume ILS is the
Italian Linux Society?).  We have over 120 teams from around the
world participating and they are supporting more than just the
GNU/Linux operating system, so SFD is not the same as "Linux Day".

>> - How can the FLUG partecipate to the SFD? What kind of requisites
>> are required?

There's information on our website
   http://softwarefreedomday.org/
We would love to have FLUG organise an event in Florence; so far
there is nothing arranged.
   http://softwarefreedomday.org/teams/europe/italy

>> Thank for your reply (sorry for my English).

It's better than my Italian....

Robert.