[FoLUG] tastiera e gentoo

Michele Mordenti michele.mordenti@tin.it
Sab 22 Gen 2005 12:09:16 CET

Alle 03:15, sabato 22 gennaio 2005, Francesco ha scritto:
> Ciao, ho una normalissima tastiera Us ps/2 ma non rieco a farla
> andare dopo aver ricompilato il kernel su gentoo.(da live funziona)

Che non sia proprio un problema di linux, leggi qua':

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 20:07:51 +0100, Wiktor <victorjan@poczta.onet.pl>
wrote:
> Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > What kernel version are you using? Have you tried 2.6.8.1? - it
looks
> > like changes in 2.6.9-rc2-bk3 caused problems on some hardware.
> >

> Hi,
>
> it looks like 2.6.10 (which I was using) - serio ports are detected ok
> (both on 0x60,0x64, keyboard irq 1, aux irq 12), keyboard also (AT
> Keyboard Translated Set 2 on isa0060/serio) and nothing - while
> detection NumLock (set by BIOS) is turned off and keyboard is dead.
> Maybe someone would be so kind and compare keyboard driver
> hadrware-level parts and (possibly) post patch reversing any changes
> since 2.4?

Ahem, that would be the one wiping out entire input system...

> Any other ideas?

1. Try compiling psmouse as a module and not load it until keyboard
driver (atkbd) is loaded.

2. Try kernel 2.6.8.1 - it looks like changes in 2.6.9-rc2-bk3 are
causing trouble on some systems but I can't figure out the reason.

Also, if you change undef DEBUG to #define DEBUG in
drivers/input/serio/i8042.c, reboot with log_buf_size=131072 and send
me the full dmesg or kernel log I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

--
Dmitry
-