[FoLUG] [feedback@ffii.org: EU Council session on Monday]

ivan i.f-ml00@darthxiong.net
Lun 7 Mar 2005 10:06:38 CET

forwardo dalla ml di FFII

----- Forwarded message from FFII <feedback@ffii.org> -----

From: FFII <feedback@ffii.org>
To: i.f-ml10@darthxiong.net
Subject: EU Council session on Monday
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 06:21:51 +0100

Dear FFII supporter [1],

Again we ask for your support.

The EU Council of Minister's attempt to pass the
Software Patent Directive without vote seems to
have been scuppered again, even if the A-item is
still on the agenda[2]. Now is the time to ask
that your government supports the demands by Denmark
and Poland for renegotiations in the Council and
that it resists last minute blackmail
attempts[3].

Please inform us about your participation in
actions by answering this email via reply.

[ ] I send a fax to my minister of economics or
    my representatives at the Commission according to
    http://wiki.ffii.org/LtrCons0503En

[ ] I also will enquire on the phone and report
    results to consilium-help (at) ffii.org.

[ ] I participate in the webdemo campaign
    "Please support Denmark!" http://demo.ffii.org/cons0503/ and
    "Thank Denmark!" http://www.thankdenmark.info/.

With kind regards,

--
Holger Blasum, FFII

[1] Your id in http://aktiv.ffii.org: XXXXXXXX
[2] Software patent news http://wiki.ffii.org/SwpatcninoEn
    Danish Parliament obliges Minister to renegotiate software
    patents in Council http://wiki.ffii.org/Dkparl050304En
    Agenda document http://ue.eu.int/cms3_applications/Applications/newsRoom/LoadDocument.asp?directory=fr/intm/&filename=83997.pdf
[3] the Commission can withdraw the directive, and they have
    a record of using this as a means of pressure before, see
    http://swpat.ffii.org/papers/eubsa-swpat0202/plen0309/deba/#bolk.
    Philips has asked for this, and patent officials in the Council
    tend to like the idea.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
  (@_ Ivan Fabris, S. Sofia (FC,it) PowerPC e Debian GNU/linux SID _*)