[FoLUG] Quali sono i segreti per la configurazione del proprio sistema Linux?

Michele Mordenti michele.mordenti@gmail.com
Mar 30 Maggio 2006 16:20:35 CEST

2006/5/30, Marco Valli <marco@bastardi.net>:
> Alle 10:48, marted́ 30 maggio 2006, ivan ha scritto:
> > all' installazione dei font di star trek per il desktop
>
> I font di Star Trek?

Un estratto da:
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/unicode.txt
[LETTERALMENTE]
Klingon language support
------------------------

In 1996, Linux was the first operating system in the world to add
support for the artificial language Klingon, created by Marc Okrand
for the "Star Trek" television series.  This encoding was later
adopted by the ConScript Unicode Registry and proposed (but ultimately
rejected) for inclusion in Unicode Plane 1.  Thus, it remains as a
Linux/CSUR private assignment in the Linux Zone.

This encoding has been endorsed by the Klingon Language Institute.
For more information, contact them at:

        http://www.kli.org/

Since the characters in the beginning of the Linux CZ have been more
of the dingbats/symbols/forms type and this is a language, I have
located it at the end, on a 16-cell boundary in keeping with standard
Unicode practice.

NOTE: This range is now officially managed by the ConScript Unicode
Registry.  The normative reference is at:

        http://www.evertype.com/standards/csur/klingon.html

Klingon has an alphabet of 26 characters, a positional numeric writing
system with 10 digits, and is written left-to-right, top-to-bottom.

Several glyph forms for the Klingon alphabet have been proposed.
However, since the set of symbols appear to be consistent throughout,
with only the actual shapes being different, in keeping with standard
Unicode practice these differences are considered font variants.

U+F8D0  KLINGON LETTER A
U+F8D1  KLINGON LETTER B
U+F8D2  KLINGON LETTER CH
U+F8D3  KLINGON LETTER D
U+F8D4  KLINGON LETTER E
U+F8D5  KLINGON LETTER GH
U+F8D6  KLINGON LETTER H
U+F8D7  KLINGON LETTER I
U+F8D8  KLINGON LETTER J
U+F8D9  KLINGON LETTER L
U+F8DA  KLINGON LETTER M
U+F8DB  KLINGON LETTER N
U+F8DC  KLINGON LETTER NG
U+F8DD  KLINGON LETTER O
U+F8DE  KLINGON LETTER P
U+F8DF  KLINGON LETTER Q
        - Written <q> in standard Okrand Latin transliteration
U+F8E0  KLINGON LETTER QH
        - Written <Q> in standard Okrand Latin transliteration
U+F8E1  KLINGON LETTER R
U+F8E2  KLINGON LETTER S
U+F8E3  KLINGON LETTER T
U+F8E4  KLINGON LETTER TLH