[FoLUG] Fwd: Introducing SDSN.edu for Age of Sustainable Development Alumni

AnsFans ansfans@gmail.com
Gio 28 Ago 2014 09:06:54 CEST

Inoltro per informazione. Ciao. Andrea Fanelli
---------- Messaggio inoltrato ----------
Da: "Jeffrey Sachs" <sachs@columbia.edu>
Data: 27/Ago/2014 23:37
Oggetto: Introducing SDSN.edu for Age of Sustainable Development Alumni
A: "Andrea" <ansfans@gmail.com>

<http://unsdsn.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a04105bfca6c4cb8c24ff8680&id=e97bc0c72f&e=769dd88d9a>
           Dear
Alumni of the Age of Sustainable Development,

I’m excited to announce that we have set up an email list for alumni of *The
Age of Sustainable Development *to keep you up to date on the crucial
dialogues that are currently taking place in the leadup to 2015. I also
want to take this opportunity to announce our new education portal
launching this fall, SDSN.edu
<http://unsdsn.us8.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=a04105bfca6c4cb8c24ff8680&id=c018c4ce4d&e=769dd88d9a>,
which aims to provide an innovative learning experience for students and
practitioners around the world on all aspects of sustainable development.
The new platform, hosted by EdCast Knowledge Cloud, offers a number of
innovative social collaboration tools, as well as a mobile application.

*The Age of Sustainable Development
<http://unsdsn.us8.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=a04105bfca6c4cb8c24ff8680&id=42fc47d93e&e=769dd88d9a>
*will
be offered once again through this new portal, beginning on September 9th.
I will again hold live Google Hangouts to answer your questions, and there
is an additional benefit for students: all registered students will receive
advance access to a *free e-book* I have written (available for purchase in
bookstores and online in early 2015), and you will be able to keep the book
upon successful completion of the course. This is the foundational course
in a broader compendium of courses offered through the education portal,
which includes another course I will co-teach on *Climate Change Science
and Negotiations
<http://unsdsn.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a04105bfca6c4cb8c24ff8680&id=c39ceb9107&e=769dd88d9a>*.
Both courses are currently open for enrollment, and additional courses will
be added in the coming months!

As you are well aware, we have indeed entered the Age of Sustainable
Development, and this coming year and a half, till the end of 2015, will be
a pivotal year in the history of sustainable development. The world has
undertaken to conclude negotiations on three great topics by the end of
2015: the new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), a new framework for
global sustainable development financing, and a new climate change
agreement. I hope this email list will help you stay engaged as the
conversations take place. Of course, you may unsubscribe at any time.

We are all incredibly excited to be launching this new platform to mobilize
people globally around some of the world’s most pressing challenges. *Please
help us to spread the news about the fall run of The Age of Sustainable
Development among your friends, colleagues, and fellow practitioners, and
we hope you join us in the launch of our new courses this fall!*

Best,
Prof. Sachs
       Go to SDSN.edu
<http://unsdsn.us8.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a04105bfca6c4cb8c24ff8680&id=4c89a4eea6&e=769dd88d9a>