[gl-como] Fwd: Re: [OSM-talk] Tenth Birthday of OpenStreetMap

Elena ``of Valhalla'' elena.valhalla@gmail.com
Lun 24 Feb 2014 18:30:36 CET

Ciao

organizziamo qualcosa?

----- Forwarded message from Richard Weait <richard@weait.com> -----

Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 12:04:40 -0500
From: Richard Weait <richard@weait.com>
To: "talk@openstreetmap.org" <talk@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] Tenth Birthday of OpenStreetMap

Well, that went out a bit before it was fully baked.  I'll try again.

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 11:58 AM, Richard Weait <richard@weait.com> wrote:
> OpenStreetMap tradition has been to host local events around the World to gather with other local mappers and celebrate.

I've created the 10 birthday organizing page on the wiki,

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OpenStreetMap_10th_Anniversary_Birthday_party

and presumed that the Saturday 09 August date suggested by another
wiki editor is okay with everybody.  Now would be a great time for you
to check that the date doesn't collide inconveniently with a local
holiday or other event.

I've added a place holder for the Toronto event, we've hosted
OpenStreetMap birthday parties for several years now, so I'm sure that
local mappers will do the same again.  If your town does not have a
strong tradition of local OSM events, perhaps celebrating the 10th
birthday is the motivation you need to get started?  Meet monthly, to
plan and organize, and to meet and share with other mappers.  By
meeting for the five months leading up to the birthday, you'll build
the audience for your awesome birthday party.

Happy Mapping