R: glug: diffondete..

Paolo Gianrossi paolino.gnu@disi.unige.it
Ven 5 Mar 2004 14:39:11 CET

``Piracy''
Publishers often refer to prohibited copying as ``piracy.'' In this way, they
imply that illegal copying is ethically equivalent to attacking ships on the
high seas, kidnaping and murdering the people on them.

If you don't believe that illegal copying is just like kidnaping and murder, you
might prefer not to use the word ``piracy'' to describe it. Neutral terms such
as ``prohibited copying'' or ``unauthorized copying'' are available for use
instead. Some of us might even prefer to use a positive term such as ``sharing
information with your neighbor.''

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html

ciao
paolino
--
Paolo Gianrossi

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a 4BSD?
My friends all got sources, so why can't I see?
Come all you moby hackers, come sing it out with me:
To hell with the lawyers from AT&T!