[Golem] OS-Car

Hal hal@linux.it
Lun 22 Giu 2009 21:09:35 CEST

La-utomobile Open Source...

Sarà vero o sarà solo marketing?

Ma anche se fosse solo marketing significa che -ormai- se vuoi vendere
un prodotto qualsiasi, devi dire che è Open Source.   :-P

E giù, tutti a stilare un lungo elenco di simpatici prodotti da
rilasciare sotto licenza Open Source! Il
"Presidente-utilizzatore-finale" (già Presidente-operaio) saprebbe
apprezzare.   :-D

Ecco la macchina

http://www.riversimple.com/FAQ.aspx

 Why are you making your designs available under an Open Source license?

There are two reasons why we have chosen to establish an open source
foundation (called The 40 Fires Foundation) to help advance the
development of the vehicle.

Firstly, it is the right thing to do. Human society is facing the twin
challenges of peak oil and climate change, and transport represents a
significant proportion of global emissions.We urgently need more fuel
efficient vehicles, and by sharing our ideas and our designs we hope to
encourage others to adopt this novel technology.

Secondly, we think it is a sound business strategy. We are a small
company trying to establish ourselves in the biggest industry in the
world. If we tried to compete on our own with Toyota, Honda and Fiat, we
would stand little chance. By inviting others to join us in developing
the vehicles, we expect to

    * speed up development times
    * produce more robust, reliable products
    * drive the adoption of common standards
    * drive down component costs.

Of course by making our designs available to others, we are likely to
create plenty of competitors. But we think this is healthy.

More information on our open source project can be found at www.40fires.org

http://www.40fires.org/