[Gpm] Question: GPM + SVGATextMode at 132X60 problems

Alessandro Rubini rubini@gnu.org
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 11:34:22 +0100

>> (I wonder if this will even get on a list and if so, whether i will be able
>> to see a reply)
>
> Well, I got it at least.

But I fear you forgot to Cc: the original poster. I'm doing it now.

>> GPM works fine at the default 25x80 screen size, but not at the larger size.

> Did you send GPM a SIGWINCH when you resized the screen?  If you're using
> SVGATextMode, you can do this automatically by adding the line:
>
> 	ResetProg "/usr/local/sbin/gpmresize"
>
> in the /etc/TextConfig file. The contents of /usr/local/sbin/gpmresize
> would be something like this:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> # Notify gpm that the screen size has changed
> killall -WINCH gpm

Correct.

>> 2 Where do I find the source code (The man page mentions prosa.it, but I
>>   don't see how to get GPM stuff from there).
>
> I don't knwow what the official site is, but ftp://animal.unipv.it/pub/gpm/
> seems to have recent copies.

Unfortunately, animal is being dismissed, as that university
department is moving everything from Unix to NT. It should be a mirror
of ftp.prosa.it, but I have no control of it any more.

Also the official site, ftp.prosa.it/pub/gpm (which is working, I just
checked) is at risk, depending of what happens of the prosa group now
that linuxcare dropped them from the company.

Recent versions (but not patches), have been uploaded to
metalab.unc.edu, to be sure they survive. Also, yesterday I began
setting up stuff on my personal host, gnu.systemy.it. Gpm is not
there but it will get there shortly, including the patches.

Anyway, you should always refer to the source code of your
distribution, unless you want to contribute new material.  Sources
associated to the distribution have three advantages: they are always
there, they are easily found (e.g, in debian: "apt-get source gpm")
and the match what you are currently running.

BTW: This list is at risk as well, but since I'm on good relationship
with the Prosa people, I'll get at least a redirector to the new host
if my lists are to be closed.

/alessandro