[Gpm] GPM with Intellimouse patches

Alessandro Rubini rubini@gnu.org
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 16:15:21 +0200

> I'm using GPM 1.19 with the Intellimouse patches from Imwheel 0.9.8
>
> I'm trying to build an MP3 player using the scroll wheel of a Mouse to
> select items of a menu.

I never used wheels with mice.  I can't tell you how to do that.

> If there any way of using GPM with Perl as my "database" is a set of Perl
> routines that also talk to a LCD on the second serial port ?

I didn't understand the problem. If you want to ma a perl
text-interface and you want to use gpm with it, I think you need to
extend perl to support libgpm in some way. Or open a pipe to the "mev"
program in order to receive textual mouse events to parse in perl
(this doesn't require extending the language).

Note, however, that gpm is unmaintained.

Regards
/alessandro

> ------_=_NextPart_001_01C0270E.42E05F40

PS: please avoid sending two copies of your mail message. The html is
definitely unneeded and exceedingly long. You should configure your mailer
to only send the text version of your messages.