[gpm]Re: gpm has --with-curses, ncurses has --with-gpm, huh?

Frédéric L. W. Meunier 0@pervalidus.net
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 02:23:03 -0200

Paul Jarc wrote:

> gpm and ncurses don't both depend on each other, do they?

No.

> If I'm starting from scratch, installing everything from
> source, and I want to enable whatever cooperation there is
> between these two, what do I do?

You can first compile ncurses (--with-gpm is disabled by
default), then gpm as you wish (I use --without-curses to
avoid the dependency). AFAIK most, if not all distributions
don't enable --with-gpm in ncurses nor --without-curses in
gpm.

I know --with-gpm in ncurses allows you to e.g. use mouse
with Lynx on console, but I have no idea what
--without-curses does in gpm. Everything worked here.

--
0@pervalidus.{net, {dyndns.}org} Tel: 55-21-2717-2399 (Niterói-RJ BR)