[gpm]Warnings and comments

Alessandro Rubini rubini@gnu.org
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 15:31:33 +0100

Hello.

While I'm not the maintainer any more, I must thank you for contributing.
I'll let Nico comment on the technical details.

> It removes some warnings and adds a lot of comments. [...]  Next
> step seems to substitute variablenames to something more
> appropriate.

Unfortunately, those changes might be just wasting your time. These
issues are mostly a matter of taste, and probably if the
author/maintainer didn't made things that way initially your patch
will be refused. Also, patches that clarify without adding new
features might still introduce buglets, so I personally would not
accept it even if it makes the source more appealing.

On the other hand, I understand your point of view, as I've been doing
cleanup a few times before adding new features. However, if there is
a maintainer, you'd better spend your time shaping the new features to
match the current code style than changing the code style before
adding the features.

Anyways, your work is appreciated.

/alessandro