gpm does not run

Jason Gurtz jason@tommyk.com
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 23:11:40 -0400

> 	Hello all.

Hi.

> 	I recompiled my kernel (2.2.19 on debian potato), and
> after this,
> the gpm does not run. It is compiled with serial port support.

I whould double check the kernel config to make sure of mouse support.
I've been running the 2.4 series exclusivly now for a while so off the
top of my head I can't say exactly what to check for.

> 	I make "# gpm", and it does not display anyone message. When I
> make "# ps auxc", I don`t see a gpm line. When I run
> gpmconfig, it tel me
> that there is not a /var/run/gpm.pid.

When you try to startup GPM have in another console # tail -f
/var/log/messages to see if anything comes up.  Then after it fails,
maybe try `echo $?` to see what return code there was.

Cheers,

~Jason