gpm freezes console

Nico Schottelius nicos@pcsystems.de
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 19:33:02 +0200

Hello Will!

I have never heart something like that before!
But for sure we want to help you getting gpm running.
As you reported it didn't freeze the system before 2.4.9,
we should trace the problem back to  a specfic kernel release.

I am also running gpm with 2.4.9, but with another notebook.
(gpm -m /dev/misc/psaux -t ps2)

Could you please do the following to strace down the problem ?

- start notebook.
- start gpm in debug mode and trace it:

strace -ff -v -o LOGFILE gpm -D -m /dev/mouse -t ps2

- login via network, do

dmesg > kernel_output

- after that, kill gpm and look for additonal informations in
/var/log/messages

Then send LOGFILE, kernel_output and other informations to here.

Nico