[gpm]How to hide mouse pointer

Zephaniah E. Hull warp@babylon.d2dc.net
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:20:50 -0400

--8t9RHnE3ZwKMSgU+

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 05:41:16PM +0200, Petr Kulhavy wrote:
> I don't want to access the raw device because I don't want to implement
> all the mouse protocols. I just want to get mouse coordinates and clicks.

You want to use the HID layer available in the newer kernels, sadly
without patches you only get support for USB mice for the moment.

Zephaniah E. Hull.
(Debian GPM Maintainer.)
>=20
> Brain

--=20
	1024D/E65A7801 Zephaniah E. Hull <warp@babylon.d2dc.net>
	   92ED 94E4 B1E6 3624 226D  5727 4453 008B E65A 7801
	    CCs of replies from mailing lists are requested.

> Is there an API or other means to determine what video
> card, namely the chipset, that the user has installed
> on his machine?

On a modern X86 machine use the PCI/AGP bus data. On a PS/2 use the MCA bus
data. On nubus use the nubus probe data. On old style ISA bus PCs done a la=
rge
pointy hat and spend several years reading arcane and forbidden scrolls

 -- Alan Cox

--8t9RHnE3ZwKMSgU+

--8t9RHnE3ZwKMSgU+--