[gpm]Touchpads

Nico Schottelius nicos-mutt@pcsystems.de
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 00:17:16 +0200

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn

more or less alive again...

Peter Berg Larsen [Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 02:08:48AM +0100]:
> > > What matter is that when gpm quits the touchpad is
> > > still in absolute mode, which would break any mousereading program th=
at is
> > > not touchpad aware.
> >=20
> > That's true, that's a problem. But what mouse reading programs really e=
xist
> > and are used if not gpm or X ?
>=20
> This is not an excuse for not the reseting it. (I often want(ed) to test
> ps2 in compare to how synps2 behaved)

I am currently thinking about that...

> > Btw, after running gpm with synps2, X is not capable of changing back to
> > ps2...
>=20
> No, because neither programs resets the synaptics.

=2E..there are two things:

   +) we should reset mouse, so that every program can read ps/2 device aga=
in
   -) should not programs, which read ps/2 input be able to change to stand=
ard
      ps2 theirself ?

> I am going to look futher into the code as I just experiented something
> funny after starting and stopping the synaptics. The keyboard updates
> slower and the mouse/cursor jitters when I press some keys.
=20
Is that possilby kernel related ?
If not make a nice patch on the top of the other one ;)

Nico

--=20
Nico Schottelius

Please send your messages pgp-signed or pgp-encrypted.
If you don't know what pgp is visit www.gnupg.org.
(public pgp key: ftp.schottelius.org/pub/familiy/nico/pgp-key)

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn--