[gpm]Additional Synaptics patch against 1.20.1rc1

Peter Berg Larsen pebl@math.ku.dk
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 12:31:11 +0200 (MET DST)

On 6 Aug 2002, Ben Pfaff wrote:

> I just got a new IBM ThinkPad T30, which has an "UltraNav"
> Synaptics-based touchpad/pointing stick mouse device on it.

Could you give the touchpad info printed in the start?

> The second and third patch fragments fix the configuration parser
> in synaptics.c.  The sample gpm-syn.conf contains tabs, but the
> configuration parser considers tabs as token parts instead of
> delimiters.

Too late: a patch is allready sent by Petr Mladek :)

> The 1.20.1rc1 version of gpm works well on this with gpm's synps2
> driver, except that the buttons don't work properly, especially the
> middle button.  The first of the following patches takes care of this
> for me.  I can't be sure that it doesn't screw things up for other
> people, unfortunately, so feedback would be welcome.

>       * thereby returning a non-clicked state between the packets. Maybe
>       * press-lock mechanism is useful. Forget it, the styk supports it! */
>      if((data[0] & 0xFC) == 0x84 &&
> -       (data[1] & 0xCE) == 0x08 &&
> +       (data[1] & 0xC8) == 0x08 &&
>         (data[3] & 0xFC) == 0xC4){

Is this need all the time or only some of the time? Changing the buttons
will break some styks, so if it is needed all the time a new type of
extended absolut packets will be the answar to your problems.

Peter
--
E-Mail:       pebl@math.ku.dk
Real name:    Peter Berg Larsen