[gpm]Additional Synaptics patch against 1.20.1rc1

Peter Berg Larsen pebl@math.ku.dk
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 11:49:50 +0200 (MET DST)

On 8 Aug 2002, Ben Pfaff wrote:

> > > I just got a new IBM ThinkPad T30, which has an "UltraNav"
> > > Synaptics-based touchpad/pointing stick mouse device on it.
> >
> > Could you give the touchpad info printed in the start?
>
> Is this what you're looking for?

Yes partly, I would also like to see the line >>Synaptics Touchpad
Capabilities: xx<<. Is UltraNav the official name for your touchpad? (I
will add it then).

> > >       * thereby returning a non-clicked state between the packets. Maybe
> > >       * press-lock mechanism is useful. Forget it, the styk supports it! */
> > >      if((data[0] & 0xFC) == 0x84 &&
> > > -       (data[1] & 0xCE) == 0x08 &&
> > > +       (data[1] & 0xC8) == 0x08 &&
> > >         (data[3] & 0xFC) == 0xC4){

> Without the patch, the buttons do not work properly, so I suppose
> that it is needed all of the time.

But do they not work all the time or do they not work sometimes (without
exactly the quoted lines)?

What I am trying to find out is whether this is a new type of extended
packets or not (and how to detect the difference if any).

Without the patch could you sent the warnings of >>Synps2: Pressure is 0,
but x or y is not 0. ...<< and the data and also
>>Stickdata? ...<<. (when pressing each button, using the stick and a
combination of moving the stick with a button pressed?)

Peter
--
E-Mail:       pebl@math.ku.dk
Real name:    Peter Berg Larsen