[gpm]Problems using synps2 ... Patch

Peter Berg Larsen pebl@math.ku.dk
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 12:11:22 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Rich Griswold wrote:

> I applied the patch and added two zeros to usleep() in
> tp_ps2_send_reset(), but I still see the same problems:
>
>   o "Unrecognized Synaptic PS/2 Touchpad packet" messages.  I have another
>     log with these error messages.  All debug options are defined in
>     synaptics.c.  Log is at
>
>     http://www.k-lug.org/~griswold/gpm/gpm-debug.error

I miss the info messages in your lists. (You need to start with -D and
have debug options in synaptics.c turn on when compiled etc). I especially
would like to know the cabapiliteties and sensor number.

The trouble is that the synaptivs packets are getting out of sync with 3
bytes. This happens after a >>gpm.c (358): error in protocol<<. Why it
does that I dont know. A typical packet is 80 00 00 C0 00 00, which is
sent when nothing is touched.

But the initialization also wonders me: repeating 08 04 00 08 04 00 08 06
00 08 0A 00. (I need some debug info messages that tells whether bytes are
discarted.). In the second list some packets are reported as 90 90 90 90
90 90!? hmm. You seems to have a noisy line or a second device sending
packets on the aux. Try making the usleep argument higher in
tp_ps2_disable_data. Which kernel are you using?

>   o Inability to use the middle mouse button without using another button
>     first.  There is no additional debug output when the debug options are
>     defined.

All the time or only the first time after stating gpm? (ok, I dont have a
clue what causes this)

Peter
--
E-Mail:       pebl@math.ku.dk