[gpm]Synaptic giant patch

Peter Berg Larsen pebl@math.ku.dk
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:45:29 +0200 (MET DST)

On 19 Aug 2002, Ben Pfaff wrote:

> > Does toggeling stick_pressure_enabled really alters the behaviour?

> I think it was more the tab patch than stick_pressure_enabled,
> actually.  Let's see here, I'll try it...  No,
> stick_pressure_enabled seems to have no effect.

Okay, I believe I know partly what happened: When someone wrote the config
reading function, he decided that when reading an invalid paramter, the
belonging option is set to 0 (I am changing this behaviour). From your
previous mail scrolling_edge was among those with a tab, so you were
(I believe) scrolling all the time.

So if I am to sum up your problems then it is like this: everything works
except touchpad buttons, but if you aply the quoted patch it works?

> > >    	tmp_buttons |= ((data[1] & 0x02) ? GPM_B_RIGHT  : 0);
> > > -	tp_process_repeating_actions(state,tmp_buttons,last_stick_buttons,
> > > -				     &last_stick_button_actions[0],stick_actions);
> > > +	state->buttons |= tmp_buttons;
> > > +	/*tp_process_repeating_actions(state,tmp_buttons,last_stick_buttons,
> > > +				     &last_stick_button_actions[0],stick_actions);*/
> > >        }

> Of course.  Here is the summary, showing just those lines (I
> inserted blank lines for clarity).

> *** debug [synaptics.c(1418)]: Stick buttons: 4 4 0    FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF 4
> *** debug [synaptics.c(1418)]: Stick buttons: 0 0 4    FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF

They look precisly as I expected and as they should, (meaning that you
should not need to patch it). Can you describe it in more details why you
need the patch?

Peter
--
E-Mail:       pebl@math.ku.dk