[gpm]Re: gpm failure ?

Roeland Th. Jansen bengel@grobbebol.xs4all.nl
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 22:38:22 +0100

On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 05:40:37PM +0100, Nico Schottelius wrote:

Hi Nico,

> - close X, start gpm with -D. Send the output [perhaps gzipped if too big or
>   the url] until it stops working.
> - when gpm won't restart, please do again with the -D flag, other logfile
> - can you redescribe which mouse you have ? [lost the thread somehow...]

will do that. however, the biggest problem is that it will not fail
between VC's but it fails at the transition X --> vc. so if I kill off X
it probably never wil fail.

it looks like that X always can init the mouse and gpm sometimes fails
to do so. diff in code ?

regarding the mouse : el cheapo trust ami mouse 300 dual scroll.

--
Grobbebol's Home                       |  Don't give in to spammers.   -o)
http://www.xs4all.nl/~bengel           | Use your real e-mail address   /\