[gpm]Reworking the selection API and moving it to userspace (gpm)?

Nico Schottelius nicos-mutt@pcsystems.de
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 21:36:21 +0100

--TRYliJ5NKNqkz5bu

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 09:24:15PM +0100 Petr Baudis put his fingers on the=
 keyboard an wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
>   About June 2001, in the era of 2.4.7 kernel, there occured a patch on L=
KML
> (by Salvador Eduardo Tropea <salvador@inti.gov.ar>), which improved the a=
ctual
> selection API of kernel to allow applications to get the content of the
> selection buffer etc. However, James Simmons said that he will be working=
 on
> this for 2.5 and move it to userspace completely, reworking gpm.

Possibly I got a mail about that, but as I have a huge backlog, I didn't
read it.=20
Possibly I have never heard about that and don't know anything particular a=
bout
it.
But in fact, improving something is generally good and if I have/get some
information about that, we could include it in gpm.=20

> [..], I would like to ask if there's any movement in this issue.

Not here.

> I would be even willing to help, > if possible :).

Sounds good, so you're the person wrinting the patch for gpm ;)

--=20
{Greetings,Gruss},
Nico Schottelius

I am some kind of busy -
Do not expect an answer within 24 hours.
Instead use the telephon: +49 (0) 173 - 750 7022.

--TRYliJ5NKNqkz5bu

--TRYliJ5NKNqkz5bu--