[gpm]Re: new release

Nico Schottelius nicos@pcsystems.de
Thu, 07 Feb 2002 18:12:05 +0100

> > He won't even recognize that there is an gamma version of gpm, because
> > you cannot find it on the offical site.
>
> Well, after all, why you can't? Why not to make regular prereleases?

Because this release contains much more changes I expected it to have.
I had many problems with gpm_debug_log, which is not replaced.
I don't want to make a prerelease public, because I want the endusers to use
a tested and stable version (which is not this one)
You are right, they could help debug gpm, but there would also be many
"gpm does not run as expected, what todo ?"-messages from beginners,
which I don't need right now.

> They are quite common and the testing has more chance to catch bugs when the
> prerelease
> is publicly announced (and released under some reasonable name ;-)).
>
> OBTW is there any CVS tree or like for gpm?

Alessandro offered one, but currently I don't want cvs.
I want gpm to run with devfs and be at least some kind of clean, before
cvs is used.

--
{Greetings,Gruss},
Nico Schottelius

I am some kind of busy -
Do not expect an answer within 24 hours.
Instead use the telephon: +49 (0) 173 - 750 7022.