[gpm]gpm 1.20.1-cvs bug

Peter Berg Larsen pebl@math.ku.dk
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:39:30 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Xiong Quanren wrote:

> Check out the newest cvs snapshot of gpm. find following bugs:
> 1) when starts gpm with "-t synps2", it could not find the gpm-syn.conf
> configuration file.

Yes. The previous behavior was not to report a warning when the conf file
wasnt found, which lead to editing the file you thought gpm read, and
reported that this or that option didnt worked.

> 2) After fixing previous bug by myself, when using the conf/gpm-syn.conf
> in the package as my configuration file, it complained about 10 parameter
> values are invalid.

Are you sure it complained about values, and not option names? This would
happen if you used an old 1.19.6 conf file. If it is not so, I would
like to know which ones it complained about.

> 3) After deleting these entrie in gpm-syn.conf mentioned in 2), the edge
> scolling feature did not work for me. It should since the default is
> enabling this feature.

I can think of two reasons for this:

a) You dont use a repeater that repeats scrolling info. (if you are
using X).

b) Even though all touchpad should be alike, some have their absolute
values shifted, which means that the default settings for edges could be
off. So try and test whether gpm actually detects the edges. This can be
done by checking that corneractions works.

Peter
--
E-Mail:       pebl@math.ku.dk
Real name:    Peter Berg Larsen