[gpm]Re: Questionable behavior of GPM

Nico Schottelius nicos-mutt@pcsystems.de
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 12:31:11 +0200

--WkmTq0Xj5pNQBic9

Hello Federico!

I am currently wondering why -M forces -R, too.
A quick look into gpn.c didn't solve the question.
Only the following entry shows us that it at least was needed:

Changelog:

Tue Jan  6 00:31:25 1998  Alessandro Rubini  (rubini@amelia)

   * gpn.c (cmdline): -M forces -R (why didn't it?)
   * Makefile.in (YACC): Use autoconf to assign YACC

Alessandro, why must it ?

Nico

/TOFU included for gpm list/

Federico Cozzi [Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 07:38:32PM +0200]:
> I just discovered this GPM behavior (from the man page):
>        -M     Enable multiple mode. The daemon will read two dif=AD
>               ferent  mouse  devices.  Any subsequent option will
>               refer to the second  device,  while  any  preceding
>               option  will  be  used  for  the first device. This
>               option automatically  forces  the  repeater  (`-R')
>               option on.
> I refer to the last line, i.e. -M forcing -R
> Since -R is a separate option, I would prefer -M _not_ forcing -R; this is
> because I would like -M behavior without -R.
>=20
> My situation: my notebook has got an internal touchpad (/dev/psaux) and an
> external USB mouse (/dev/input/mouse0). Under XFree, I can setup both mice
> without problems; even with GPM and -M option. However, -M implies -R and,
> as far as I can tell, psaux Linux driver is single-read, i.e. XFree and
> GPM do not work at the same time.
> I understand that I could use GPM's repeater with XFree, but I don't like
> this option...
>=20
> Thanks for your attention.
>=20
> --=20
> Federico Cozzi                             federico.cozzi@sns.it
>                                            OpenPGP key: F1525410
>=20
>=20

--=20
Nico Schottelius

Please send your messages pgp-signed or pgp-encrypted.
If you don't know what pgp is visit www.gnupg.org.
(public pgp key: ftp.schottelius.org/pub/familiy/nico/pgp-key)

--WkmTq0Xj5pNQBic9

--WkmTq0Xj5pNQBic9--