[gpm]Bug with IMPS/2 w/ Microsoft Intellimouse 1.3A on Linux

Zephaniah E. Hull warp@babylon.d2dc.net
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 19:36:32 -0400

--ryJZkp9/svQ58syV

And for some reason the author note on the I_ps2 function is horribily
out of date, I'll fix that when I update the Debian packages to use
1.20.x.

Zephaniah E. Hull.

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 07:20:48PM -0400, Zephaniah E. Hull wrote:
> Ok, I should have commented a while back but I have been very busy with
> life.
>=20
> First off, doing the init via the shut off via reset, set everything,
> and reactivate does fix a /lot/ of problems.
>=20
> However it also breaks a lot of mice which, while they seem to plug into
> the PS/2 port, don't have a damn clue how to speak most of the protocol.
>=20
> Failure modes vary, but in general they just Don't Work.
>=20
> Below I will attach bits of the current Debian gpm init stuff, which
> handles PS/2, IMPS/2, and EXPS/2 all in the same init function, and also
> has a autops2 protocol which will automaticly detect which protocol of
> the three the mouse can speak which supports the most options.
>=20
> In addition to these modes I have fups2 and fuimps2, for mice which
> can't handle any sort of complex init sequence, I have yet to see
> reports of exps2 mice not being able to support the full set of
> commands, however it is only a matter of time before there become
> Logitech OEM mice which have more buttens. (OTOH, we could get lucky and
> they could be entirely USB.)
>=20
> I'll also include the parser for the protocols.
>=20
> (This code has NOT been updated to 1.20 yet, it is high on my todo list,
> but lower then getting the bathroom back together and usable.)
>=20
> This is just grabbing the relevant sections from the mice.c FWIW.
>=20
> Zephaniah E. Hull.
> Debian gpm maintainer.
> (Too bloody busy to keep up.)
>=20
> --=20
> 	1024D/E65A7801 Zephaniah E. Hull <warp@babylon.d2dc.net>
> 	   92ED 94E4 B1E6 3624 226D  5727 4453 008B E65A 7801
> 	    CCs of replies from mailing lists are requested.
>=20
> [1] Yes, we ARE rather dull people.  We appreciate being dull people.
> Exciting is only good when it happens to someone else ... as in "an
> exciting wreck", "an exciting plane crash", "an exciting install of
> Windows XP", et al.
>   -- Ralph Wade Phillips in the Scary Devil Monastery.

--=20
	1024D/E65A7801 Zephaniah E. Hull <warp@babylon.d2dc.net>
	   92ED 94E4 B1E6 3624 226D  5727 4453 008B E65A 7801
	    CCs of replies from mailing lists are requested.

"Delivery anywhere in the world within thirty minutes or the second one's
 free." - "pizza box" art atop a Minuteman ICBM silo, Paul A. Suhler, RHF

--ryJZkp9/svQ58syV

--ryJZkp9/svQ58syV--